Larry Small of Stuarts Draft loves drag racing, and his outbuildings look it. He has three Chevy “Gassers:” A ’37 Chevy, a ’39 Chevy, and a ’55 Chevy. These gassers have been completely rebuilt, and are track-ready. Larry is quick to point out that he's not a mechanic, and only does very basic work on his cars. But he loves ...
On October 4, 2016, Hurricane Matthew struck Haiti, leaving a wide swath of destruction in the wake of deadly winds, rain, and tides. Estimates place damage at around 200,000 homes damaged or destroyed. Byler Barns is teaming with other local businesses to help provide relief.
Put in your bid to help provide assistance for these folks who have been hit so hard by Hurricane Matthew.Would you like to learn more about this project?
Employees of Byler Barns are volunteering their time to build and sell 2 sheds. All proceeds go to Blue Ridge Missions International for hurricane relief for Haiti. Funds will be used for distributing animals to farmers after the devastation by Hurricane Matthew.
The sheds up for auction are our standard, high-quality shed which we have been building for over 40 years. After you purchase, you will be able to specify the color scheme you want. Sheds will be delivered in January, weather permitting. Any accessories or upgrades you wish to order will be an additional charge at standard rates.
Businesses Banding Together
A number of local businesses are banding together to make this project possible. Our thanks to …
- Sunrise Farms of Augusta County, VA. Sunrise Farms raises and sells all-natural meats and feeds. They are donating some of the lumber and materials for these sheds.
- Enlisted Auctions of Stuarts Draft, VA. Enlisted Auctions are the leading online auction company in the Shenandoah Valley. They are listing and selling these sheds.
- Byler Barns of Harrisonburg, VA. Byler Barns serve VA and surrounding states with storage sheds, garages, and many other items to improve your backyard life. Byler is providing the facilities for building the sheds, and delivering them to their new homes. Thanks, also, to the Byler employees who are donating their time and labor to build these sheds.
- Marco Metals of Harrisonburg, VA. Marco is supplying the metal roofs.
- Stoneburner of Harrisonburg, VA. Stoneburner is providing the treated lumber for these sheds.
Animals: Living Relief
The livestock distribution project is unusual. Instead of simply giving out one-time handouts, the animals are given to help farmers rebuild their flocks and herds. Local agronomists help educate farmers in taking care of their livestock. In this way, the locals are helped to become less dependent on foreign aid.
Put in your bid to help provide assistance for these folks who have been hit so hard by Hurricane Matthew.
- Read Shea’s story of distributing the animals here: Rescue Animals: Haiti Relief That Clucks and Baa’s
- See the sheds listed at Enlisted Auction.
- More information on Blue Ridge Mission can be found here.