As Virginia’s original shed company, Byler Barns and Backyards has been helping people store stuff for 40 years! During those years, we’ve seen a lot of things that work, and we’ve also seen a lot of things that don’t work. We’d like to apply our knowledge and experience to your situation, and help you find the perfect solution for your storage needs.
An important part of this process is an actual visit to your home, or wherever the final resting place of your new storage shed happens to be. This visit can help clarify many issues, and results in a shed design that is exactly right for you.
There are five common mistakes that can be avoided by having a Byler Barns design consultant show up at your home:
1) Under-estimating the slope of the ground: Don’t feel bad…this one happens to everyone! You think the back of the building will need to be raised a couple of inches to be level, and it winds up to be 2 feet! We can help you visualize this before the shed shows up, so you won’t be caught off guard.
2) Over-estimating delivery capabilities: It’s really sad to buy a shed, and then realize when it arrives that it won’t fit through the gate or between the trees! If we have a look at the site, at least we assume the responsibility for accessibility.
3) Getting the wrong colors: It’s surprisingly easy. Your design consultant will bring color samples of all the important parts of the shed exterior.
4) Forgetting the setbacks: Even if your shed doesn’t require a permit, you still need to adhere to the setback restrictions. Your design consultant will help you deal with these issues that may later result in a costly move if ignored on the front end.
5) Getting the layout wrong: Most of our clients do fairly well with their layouts, but an experienced eye on the project can really be of value when it comes to placing the doors and windows for best results!
So, in terms of value received, we feel that this service is worth well over $100!
However, in the markets that we serve regularly, for now we’re willing to offer on-site design consultations at no charge!
So, let us know when it works for you, and we'll do our best to fit it into our schedule.
Budget roughly an hour to an hour and a half to cover all the points in the backyard assessment. We can't guarantee you the requested time slot, but if it's more than a day or two out, we can probably make it work!
Let us know...
While you wait for your appointment confirmation, you may enjoy these five short video clips that show how we work through the process of designing a shed:
Should I be able to get more of your products, I will return! Your customer service is extremely exceptional!
Thank You! :)
Betty - Quicksburg, VA
The Run-in is beautiful! We are totally pleased!
Ellen - Nellysford, VA
I was referred to you by my neighbors, who bought a unit from you a few years ago.
Chris - Charlottesville, VA
I have purchased 4 garages and 1 gazebo and I am satisfied with all….Very courteous and on time.
Charles - Charlottesville, VA
Excellent quality materials and construction throughout!
Personal referral counted greatly in purchase decision...friend purchased one and praised your product highly.
Brian - Palmyra, VA
Byler’s is an A+ company. I recommend them to everyone. I enjoy doing business with you all...hope to do more later!
James - Buena Vista, VA
You could never find a better quality building than a "Byler Barn!"
the Herrings - Scottsville, VA
The service and set-up of the shed was excellent...very satisfied with product and service!
Larry - Palmyra, VA
The two young men who delivered and set the shed were courteous, friendly, and did a fine job!
the Zimmermans - Rockbridge Baths, VA
I was so surprised and astonished that the building was delivered two hours after purchase!
Becky- Fulks Run, VA
See what sets us apart from the big box-stores and the other building lots that promise you a lower price, but compromise on the value.